Ingredients for Onion Pachadi :
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Beaten Curd – 2 cups
Onion – 2 medium sized (chopped)
Curry leaves – 10-12 nos.
Green chillies – 2-3 (finely chopped)
Mustard seeds – 1 tsd
Dry red chillies – 2
Fenugreek (Methi/Uluwa) powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – As per taste
Oil- 1 tbsp
How to make Onion Pachadi :
- Grind together grated coconut, 3/4th part of the chopped onions and 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds with little quantity of water to make a smooth paste.
- In a pan, heat some oil. Splutter the remaining mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and red chillies and saute for a minute.
- Then add the remaining chopped onions and saute them until it turns translucent.
- Add the coconut paste and salt and saute for a minute.
- Now switch off the flame and pour the beaten curd and mix well.
- Finally add the fenugreek powder and mix well again.
- Your onion pachadi is ready to serve. Served it hot or cold along with steamed rice and enjoy.