Idli Batter – 2 cups
Onion – 1 (medium)
Curry Leaves – 10-15
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 3-4 (finely chopped)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt- As per taste
How to make Masala Idli:
- Take 2 cups of ldli batter in a bowl.
- In a tadka pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Crackle mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry till they attain golden brown colour.
- Transfer the tempered mixture to the idli batter. Add salt and mix the batter evenly.
- Pour a scoopful of the prepared batter to each idli mould.
- Transfer the moulds in the idli steamer and steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- Your masala idli is ready. Serve it with hot sambar and any chutney of your choice.
Notes:You can also add grated coconut in the tempering.