Ingredients required for Lauki Raita Recipe:
Yoghurt/Dahi – 1 1/2 cups
Bottle gourd/Lauki – 1 cup (chopped and de-seeded)
Ginger – 1/2 ” piece
Green chillies – 1-2
Mint leaves – A small bunch
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
Salt- As per taste
Water – As required
How to make Lauki Raita:
- Chop the bottle gourd/lauki into small pieces. Alternately you can also grate them.
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water with a pinch of salt.
- Add the chopped bottle gourd and boil it until it is completely cooked and becomes soft. Drain and keep aside
- Whisk the curd until it is smooth and creamy. Add about 1/2 cup of water and stir evenly.
- Grind together mint leaves, ginger and green chillies in a grinder.
- Add the ginger-green chillies paste to the curd mixture and mix.
- Add all the spices and stir once again.
- Now add the cooked bottle gourd to the curd mixture.
- Mix well. Adjust salt and water consistency.
- Lauki Raita or Dudhi Raita is ready. Serve it as a side dish for lunch and dinners.