Ingredients for Mooli Paratha Recipe:
Grated Mooli – 1 cup
Onion – 1 (small) (finely chopped)
Grated ginger (adrak) – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1-2 (finely chopped)
Red chilli powder (Lal Mirch) – 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder (Amchur powder) – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves (dhaniya patti) – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Salt – As per taste
Oil/Ghee – For shallow frying
Butter – For garnishing
How to make Mooli Paratha:
- Squeeze the grated ginger and reserve the water for kneading the dough.
- Now mix together the squeezed grated mooli, onions, green chillies, grated ginger and all masalas. Do not add salt at this time.
- Now pinch a small portion of the dough and roll it into a circular shaped disc of 3″ dia.
- Spread 1 tsp ghee/oil evenly on the disc.
- Place a spoon-full of the filling mixture in the centre of the disc.Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Now bring all the edges and together on top and press it sealing it completely and make a small disc.
- Dust the disc with some flour and applying gentle pressure, roll the disc into a paratha.
- Place the paratha on a hot tawa/pan.
- When the paratha starts to fluff up a bit, flip the paratha and let it cook till brown spots appears.
- Now spread ghee/oil evenly on the top surface and flip the paratha.
- Cook by pressing the paratha in circular motion until cooked.
- Apply ghee/oil on the second side and cook till it turns crisp.
- Mooli paratha is ready! Serve it with green chutney, curd or pickle.
*Kneading the dough in the squeezed mooli extract lends the paratha its authentic taste.