Ingredients for Cabbage Paratha Recipe:
Chopped Cabbage – 1 cup
onion – 1 (chopped finely)
Green Chillies – 1-2 (chopped)
Grated ginger (adrak) – 1 tsp
Coriander (Dhaniya) powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder (Lal Mirch) – 1/4 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Salt – As per taste
Oil/Ghee – For shallow frying
Butter – As much as you want 😉
How to make Cabbage (Patta Gobi) Paratha:
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and pluck the inner leaves and wash them thorughly under running water.
- Drain and finely chop the cabbage leaves.
- Mix the chopped cabbage with green chillies, grated ginger, red chilli powder, coriander powder, chaat Masala, garam masala and chopped coriander leaves.
- Now take a small portion of the roti dough and roll it into a dics of 3″ dia.
- Apply ghee/oil evenly on the disc.
- Place a spoon-full of the filling mixture in between the disc.
- Gather the edges of the disc while wraping the filling mixture finally seal the edges on the top and gently press them to a make a small disc.
- Dust it with flour and roll the disc to make a round paratha
- Heat a tawa or pan. when tawa becomes sufficiently hot, place the paratha on the tawa.
- Flip the paratha after 5-10 seconds when the surface begins to slightly fluff up.
- When the surface begins to cook, apply oil/ghee on the top surface and flip it.
- With the help of a spatula, slightly press the paratha and cook it till golden spots develop on it.
- Now apply oil/ghee on the top surface that has already been cooked and flip it and cook till it becomes crisp.
- Garnish it with a slice of butter and serve immediately with chutney, curd or subzi of your choice.
Leave a Reply