Ingredients required for Boondi Raita Recipe:
Curd/Yoghurt (Dahi) – 1 1/2 cups
Fried boondi – 3/4 cupGinger – 1/2 ” piece
Green chillies – 2
Roasted jeera powder – 1 tsp
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
Salt – As per taste
Water – As required
How to make Boondi Raita:
- Whisk the curd evenly till it becomes smooth. Add 1/2 cup of water and whisk again.
- In a grinder, grind together ginger and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Add the ginger-chilli paste to the curd mixture and whisk.
- Now add all the spices.
- Immerse the boondi in 2 cups of warm water. Let it stand for about 5-6 minutes.
- After 5-6 mins, the boondis will swell and become soft. Soaking also helps get rid of the excess oil of boondi.
- Drain the water and slightly squueze out the water from boondi. Care should be taken not to mash them.
- Transfer the soaked boondis to the curd mixture.
- Mix everything evenly. Check for salt.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving.
- Your boondi raita is ready. Serve chilled along with biryani or pulao or with any rice dish for lunch or dinner.
- Adjust the quantity of water according to your preference. If you prefer a bit thicker raita, add less water.
- If you like the crisper version of boondi raita, skip the soaking step and directly add the boondi to the curd mix.