Ingredients required for Besan Chilla Recipe:
Gram Flour/Besan – 1 cup
Onions – 1 medium size (Finely chopped)
Tomatoes – 2 medium sized (Finely chopped)
Green chillies – 2-3 (finely chopped)
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat masala – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsps
Salt – As per taste
Water – As required
How to make Besan Chilla – Besan Puda:
- Sieve the gram flour.
- Add all the ingredients listed above except water and salt.
- Gradually add water and mix thoroughly making sure that no lumps remain. Make the batter a little thin as the besan chilla will be easy to spread and will turn crisp.
- Finally add salt and chopped coriander leaves.
- Grease the pan with some oil. When the pan is sufficiently hot, pour a laddle full of the batter and spread by rotating the pan in a circular motion.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-low flame. Besan chilla takes a bit longer time to cook.
- When the edges start appearing brown, sprinkle 1 tsp oil on the top side of the chilla and flip it.
- Let the other side cook till done and turn crisp.
- Your besan chilla /besan puda is ready. Serve it with green coriander chutney or tomato sauce.