Ingredients required for Aloo Gobi Aur Matar ki Sabzi Recipe:
Potatoes – 2 Medium sized
Cauliflower (Phool-Gobi) – 2 cups (cut into medium sized florets)
Peas (Matar) – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 big
Tomatoes – 5-6 Medium sized
Garlic – 6-7 pods
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Kasuri Methi (Dry fenugreek leaves) – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves (for garnishing) – 2 tbsps (chopped finely)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – As per taste
How to make Dry Alu Gobhi Matar ki Sabzi:
- Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets and wash them thoroughly. Shell the peas, peel and dice the potatoes.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsps of oil. Add cumin seeds and fry for 2 sec.
- Add chopped onions and cook till it turns translucent.
- Add the ginger-galic paste and saute till the raw smell of ginger and garlic fades away.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes become soft and the oil starts leaving the tomato-onion mix.
- Add 2 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1 1/4 tsp red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Add the chopped veggies and peas.
- Mix thoroughly till the masalas coat all the veggies evenly.
- Add salt, sprinkle about 1 tbsp of water and cook by covering with a lid. (Don’t add extra water to cook the veggies, since the cauliflower releases water while cooking.)
- After 12-15 minutes, gently mash a potato to check whether it has been cooked. If you are able to mash it, your sabzi is almost done. Now add 1 tsp of garam masala and mix gently.
- Finally add 1 tsp of kasuri methi and cook for another minute or so.
- Switch of the flame and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Your Aloo Gobi aur Matar ki Sabzi is ready. Serve it with hot roti/phulkas.