Ingredients for Ajwain Paratha
Whole wheat flour (Gehun ka Aata) – 2 cups
Ajwain (Carom seeds) – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Water – For kneading
Ghee/Oil – For shallow frying
Method to make Ajwain Paratha:
- Sift the flour, add salt and knead using water to make a soft pliable dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth for 15-20 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into equal 8 equal portions. Shape each portion of the dough into a round smooth ball.
- Apply some flour on the rolling board and roll the dough into a small dic of 2.5″ disc.
- Apply ghee/oil evenly on the surface of the disc.
- Now sprinkle a pinch of carom (ajwain) seeds on the disc and gently press them with your hands.
- Now fold longitudinally from both sides towards the centre and gently press the sides.
- Now again fold from both sides once and finally fold both the layers on top of each other. You will finally get a square shape.Voila!!
- Now dust it with some flour and roll it out again to a square shaped paratha.
- Heat a tawa/pan. Sprinkle a bit of oil and spread evenly. Place the paratha on the pan. After 5 seconds, flip the paratha making sure side is just browned a bit.
- After 20-30 seconds, apply 1 tsp of oil on the top side and spread with a spoon. Now flip it again and cook on medium low flame until brown spots develop on them.
- Similarly apply 1 tsp oil on the cooked side and flip it and shallow fry the paratha till crisp.
Remove from heat and serve it immediately with chutney, pickle, curd or enjoy it over a cup of hot tea (The way in do 😉 )
Leave a Reply